New Face: Akihabara

Not sure if you're familiar with the Electronic town of Akihabara, but when I first came to Japan on a trip 5 or 6 years ago, Akihabara always had somewhat a sleazy feeling. What I mean is like being in a small elevator with sweaty, greasy guys with glasses who pushes you out of the way to go to the porn anime section. Not exactly a pleasant feeling.
Recently Akihabara changed a lot! Now Akihabara almost looks like a cleaner version of Shinjuku. The train station has been renewed, the ICHI building now opened, not to mention the huge Yodobashi Camera that opens until 10PM. Heck I even went to Hot Yoga in Akihabara. Of course it's still Akihabara so you can still enjoy all the electronic shopping goodness.
Last time I went to Akihabara with my coworker Horiuchi-san, we went to a Maid Cafe!!! That was the first time I've ever been to a one. The one we went to was called Mailish. Actually that one was more like a Cosplay cafe. We were lucky and didn't have to wait that long but after we got in line the line got huge! Some people must have had to wait 1 hour just to get in.
When you get in the 'maid' says "okaeri-nasai" and when you leave they say "itterashai". Some people get a kick out of that, I suppose. I had homemade cheesecake with vanilla tea, it was yummy! Too bad we couldn't take pictures inside. When we left people waiting in line thought we worked there! lol.
5や6年前、初めて日本に遊びに来た時、秋葉原に行ったけど、ちょっと汚い感じがした。 たとえば、厚いメガネかけた汗っぽいオタクたちと一緒に小さいエレベーターに居て、アダルトアニメのフロアに行くため人を押したりして。 あまり気持ちよくはないね。最 近秋葉原は変わった! 今の秋葉原は新宿よりキレイになった気がする。 駅もリニューアルしたし、ICHIもオープンして、あの10時までやってる、超 デカイなヨドバシアキバもあるし。 秋葉原にホットヨガも行ってた。 もちろん電気街だから、電気商品の買い物もたくさん楽しめる。
この間同僚の堀内さんと一緒に秋葉原に行ったとき、メイド喫茶に行ってきた!!w 初めてのメイド喫茶体験 だった。 行った店はMailishというカ フェだった。 メイドカフェよりもコスプレカフェ気分だった。 運がよかったから、そんなに待たなくって済んでたけど、後ろに長い行列が。。一時間以上待 つ人が居たかも。
カ フェに入った時は「お帰りなさい」と出る時は「行ってらっしゃい」だって。そういう好きな人が居るらしい。 手つくりチーズ ケーキとバニラ紅茶を食べ た、意外と美味しかった! 店内写真が取れないが残念。 店から出たとき並んでる人が「あの二人がお客さん?!」に言われて、そこで働いてる子に勘違いさ せたw


5 Comments:
Hi Chrissy!
元気~??久しぶりだね~。いいな~、メイド喫茶。私も行ってみたいよ。彼女たちはショーも見せてくれるのかな??盛りだくさんだね!クリッシーも早く赤ちゃん作って下さい!へへへ~。
メイド喫茶もう一度行きたいw サミちゃんも行ってみたいのがびっくり! メイドシャンプーとマッサージとかあるらしいよ。 今度一緒に行こう!
Shouldn't I be visiting a maid cafe soon ?
Ha, ha, I just saw a blurb on that in the news over here, I have to been to Akihabara a couple times and its all about the greasy fan boy. I would love to go to one of those, I would probably see one of my old students!
der blaue reiter: I highly recommend anyone who lives in Japan to visit a maid cafe at least once. I bet they don't have those over in Singapore!
Klinkenstien: Wow! That's cool it made it to the news over there! Although, I don't think Maid Cafe's will catch on in America. Bikini Babes with Guns cafe will probably work tho (Something close to Hooters)
Post a Comment
<< Home