東京悪女パラダイスPART2

art, games, whatever

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Weekend in Guam


Seems like I've been doing a hell of alot of travelling lately. I was wondering where I could go since I got 2 weeks off and my coworker Hitsuda-san recommended me to go to Guam. It was so nice there and we had alot of fun! Ashamingly, as an American I didn't know crap about Guam. I didn't even know where it's geographically located until I went there. It's about 3 hours flight South of Japan and is truely a tropical island paradise all year round. It was 28 degrees C when we got there!

Guam is a U.S. colony, and everything is just like America, but it's not officially a State therefore people there don't have U.S. citizenship. There are a whole lot of U.S military there, tho, about 2/3 of the island are military reserves.

But I guess there's a reason why Americans don't know much about Guam. I suppose if you are travelling to a tropical place from America it would be closer to go to Cancun or Hawaii. Guam, on the other hand, is swarmed with Japanese tourists. We went with H.I.S and we were the only 2 out of 70 people who were not Japanese. Hotels have Japanese speaking staff and most restaurants have Japanese menus. Besides the native Chamorro people, you see mostly Japanese tourists and some military guys with their families occasionally.

I'd say the most fun thing to do in Guam would be snorkeling and scuba diving. There are so many tropical fish! There were tons of fish in the reef just right outside of our hotel. We met a really cool diving instructor when we tried Scuba diving for the first time who taught us how to invest. From the hotels, it's convenient to ride the shopping buses that goes around to the central shopping district, restaurants, and the world's biggest KMart.

最近はよく旅行する~。せっかく二週間の休みをもらったからどこに行こうと思って。同僚の櫃田さんからのグアムにお勧めされて、グアムに行くことにした。  すっごく気候がよくて楽しかった! 恥ずかしいが、アメリカ人のあたしなのに、グアムのことをなにも知らなかった。 グアムが一体どこにあるのも行った 後に分かった。 日本から南へ飛行機3時間ぐらい、一年中暖かいトロピカルのパラダイスだ。 着いた時の温度は28度だった!

グアムはアメリカの値民地だけどアメリカの州の一つではないから、グアムの住民はアメリカ公民じゃない。 アメリカの軍隊がたくさん集まって、大体7割の土地が軍隊の土地だった。 

でもアメリカ人はグアムのことが詳しくない理由が、多分アメリカからトロピカルなところに行くだったら、キャンクーンやハワイに行ったほうが近い。 グア ムは日本人の旅行者が多い。 H.I.Sと一緒に行ったがあたしたち二人以外が全部日本人だった。 ホテルは日本語話せるスタッフがいる、レストランが日 本語のメニューがある。 原住民のチャモロ人以外に、ほとんどの日本人とたまに軍人とその家族が見える。

グアムに一番楽しいことはシュノーケリングとスクーバ・ダイビングだと思う。 すっごいたくさんの熱帯魚が!! ホテルの隣のリーフにすでに超たくさんの 熱帯魚がいた。 面白いスクーバ・ダイビングの先生と出会って、その人があたし達に投資の知恵を教えてくれた (^-^;) ホテルから便利なショッピングバスも乗れるし、ショッピング、レストラン、それから世界最大のKマートに行ける。

Sunset on the airplane leaving Japan

When we got to the Hilton it was 11PM

Saturday taken from the room

View was great but the bed was terrible

Chamorro Coconut Dance

Hot Japanese chicks

We went Scuba diving w/o a license

The water was navy blue

Island of Guam

On the boat. Too bad I don't have an underwater camera.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

ただいま~! 水中の写真がほしかったけど、水中カメラなかった~
ココナッツダンスが可愛いかった。なぜならチャモロ人はぽっちゃり系が多いんだ^^ 一緒に踊らなかったけど、残念。 また行きたいね、グアム!

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yaaaay!! that looks so pretty!!! O_O
it looks like hawaii..

mom says.. that's lovely!! <3

6:00 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

It's like Hawaii, except cheaper! ^^
Although the beaches are somewhat nicer in Hawaii for swimming. The beaches in Guam have more corals so the tropical fishes are all around you as soon as you're in the water!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home