Homemade Yogurt

Recently I've been eating at least 1 yogurt everyday. I really like the taste and it's supposed to be good for you, too. On Friday a coworker from the GE2 team (Sakura Wars series) invited me to try the homemade yogurt she made. It was delicious! It was called Caspian Sea Yogurt, which was mild in flavor and has a honey like texture. I had no idea that you can make your own yogurt. From what she told me it sounded very easy so today I tried to make my own.
Basically yogurt is milk with the yogurt bacteria fermented at warm temperature to grow the bacteria. You can buy starter bacteria in stores but you can also use yogurt you buy in stores as a starter. Although you need to be careful to clean and sterilize (pour boiling water over) the utensils that you use.
I bought a yogurt called Caucasus Yogurt from the supermarket nearby as a starter, and 500ml of regular milk in milk carton. You can use any kind of milk from nonfat to super high fat. Open the carton fully at the top and stirred in about 100ml of Caucasus Yogurt. After that seal the carton with saran wrap and rubber bands. Since the house is cold I used the warmup function on the rice cooker to keep the temperature for fermenting the milk. It felt done after 6 hours, when I lifted the carton it felt much heavier. But it could be a little thicker, I think next time I will try to leave it for 8 hours. But it tasted great! Somehow it tasted even better than the original one?最 近毎日ヨーグルトを 最低一個ぐらいは食べてる。 あたしはその味が大好きで、体にもいいと聞いた。 金曜日に、GE2(さくら大戦シリーズ)の同僚は一 緒に彼女のホームメードヨーグルトを食べることに誘われた。 とても美味かった! カスピ海ヨーグルトだった。 甘い味とトロトロな食感だった。 自分が ヨーグルトを作れることが全然しらなかった。 彼女からいろんな知識をもらって、今日は自分で作ろうとした。
ヨーグルトは牛乳にヨーグルト菌を加えて、暖かい温度を菌を育って作られた。 店で菌を買えるけど、普通店で買ったヨーグルトもそのままスターターとして使える。 でも使う器具はちゃんと消毒(沸いてるお湯をかけて)しないと。
コー カサスヨーグルトというヨーグルトを買って、そして500mlの牛乳パックの牛乳を買ってた。 脂肪量はどのぐらいでも大丈夫そう。 牛乳パックの開 け口を全部開けて、ヨーグルトをスプーンで混ぜて加える。 それからサランラップと輪ゴムで開け口を止める。 家は寒いから炊飯器の暖め機能を使ってその まま乗せた。 6時間後はできそうな感じだった、牛乳パックがかなり重くなってきた。 ちょっと薄いから今度は8時間しようかな。 でも美味しかったもの すごく! 買ったやつより美味しい気がする!?


2 Comments:
heh..sis.that looks good!
well.. i joined the blogger community!
silly xanga's giving me a pain as well.. *holds up fist* lol~
rawr.. anyway.. XD feel free to read my 1st post on blogger! hahaha..
titled : Sakura's Mystery Angency
Hi Sakura, nice blog! I just bookmarked it. I've been so lazy about posting my blog lately..
Have fun with Dad while he's out there!
Post a Comment
<< Home