東京悪女パラダイスPART2

art, games, whatever

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Paris, Paris


Paris was magnificent! There was so much to see and do there, a week was
just
barely enough. It was a truly memerable trip for a lifetime.

When we landed in Charles de Gualle we took the public transport called
RER.
What a different experience from the Japanese train system! I must
be spoiled
from the clean, well organized Japanese metro. The French
metro is not well
organized. The signs are really confusing, its hard to get
past the gates with
luggage, definitely not designed for the average tourists.
If you live in
Paris, and are already familiar with the system, then you might
not have so
much problems. The weirdest thing is you can open the door
before the train
completely stops!

My impression of Parisians are that they are very fashionable, not just the
women
but guys dress well, too. The women have small face, statuette
features, dark hair
and long legs. The guys, well, have big noses, lol.
Walking on the street, saw this
lady who was wearing a small white shirt,
and as I get close I noticed she wasn't
wearing a bra! But she doesn't look
slutty at all but very stylish and classy.
The Parisians are very nice to help
other people. People see us trying to figure out
the map and would come
and help us out. That never happens in Tokyo.

One of the best thing about being in France is sitting at the terasse in an
open cafe, sipping on a cup of expresso and eating croissant! I just love
French bread and pastry. A really good place for French dessert is called
Laduree. They have awesome macarons in different colors and flavors!
They're
crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside, yum!

We went to the Louvre, which was huge! We spent the entire day and still
couldn't see everything. I've heard that the Mona Lisa was small, but it was
still a lot smaller than I expected. I was so thrilled to see so many famous
artworks and statues that I studied in textbooks in real life. The Napoleon
apartments exhibit was really nice, too.

Without a doubt, the architectures in France are just breathtaking. They
are
mostly churches and castles, since those are the most powerful people
back in
the days. The first churche we went to was Notre Dame. It was
amazing to see
what I studied in history books in life. After that we also
went to the St.
Sulspice, Pantheon, Opera Garnier, Sacre-Coeur, Invalides
and Chateau of Versailles.

There is a Catacomb in Paris- not to be confused with the Catacombs in Italy.
Sylvain went to the Catacombs in Italy and said he saw some bones and told
me that
don't be too scared if I see 2 or 3 bones. Man, the Catacombs in
Paris is just that, bones!
We went 8 floors underground and it's a 20 minute
dungeon full of walls made up of bones!
I've never seen so many bones in my
life!! As we go farther within the underground
water was dripping down on us!
eek.


Sylvain booked a dinner cruise that went around Seine River that was so lovely.
We
drank 2 bottles of wine, champagne, ate snails and foie gras like real
Parisians.
Visited a cousin of Sylvain's who is living in France who cooked us a
fabulous dinner.
French cheeses are so darn good. I ate so much cheese and
drank so much wine everyday!
I gained almost 2kg! She also made homemade
tiramisu which was so awesome. I ate 2 of them!!


If you are in Paris you should go to the Moulin Rouge, a caberet with French
Can-can.
I booked on the internet before going and we somehow got very front
row seats. The
lady almost kicked me in the face with her heels cause we were
that close. Of course
very nice view right under those long legs! The show was
amazing! There were serpants
and horses on the stage!

As beautiful as the tourist areas are, I wouldn't consider Paris a clean city.
First of all
there are so little public bathrooms. There are some tip toilets
that we found, they
actually clean themselves automatically each time
someone uses it. Besides those
there are virtually none. At the 5 floor Virgin
Megastores I went to the 5th floor and
found a small door for the bathroom
and it costs money, not only that but the toilet
doesn't even flush! You need
a password to use the bathroom in McDonald's, but they are
really nasty. I
see people just peeing into the Seine River. Under most trees there
are piles
of shit so be careful not to step on any.


Actually, I was glad that the trip was not longer than 1 week. I was feeling
homesick and
really want to go back to Tokyo. In conclusion I would really
love visiting France
from time to time but I don't think I would want to live
there for long. Perhaps to
study art or architecture but it can be really
expensive. I'm just trying to hang on to some more French things by
going
to the
Lenotre in Tokyo and buying Chamanbel cheese(expensive) from Seibu.

Check out my photos from my trip(I took so many!) at Flickr.

パリは素晴らしかった! できると見るとこが沢山あって、一週間はぎりぎりだった。
でも本当に一生忘れないぐらい、いい旅だった。

シャルル・デ・ガール空港に到着したら、RERという電車でパリ市内に移動した。
東京の電車とまったく違う経験だった!日本の電車はきれいで、よくまとまっていた。
フランスの電車は分かりにくいし、荷物がゲートに通れないし、観光車に全然易しく
ない。 パリに長い間住んでいたら慣れるかもしれないけど、電車が完全に止まる
前にドアが開けられる、ひぇ~!


あたしはパリの人達の印象は皆とてもおしゃれだ。 女の人だけじゃなくって、男
の人も服装にこだわりが高い。女の人は顔が小さくて、黒い髪と長い足。 男の人
は鼻が大きい^^; 街に女の人とすれ違った、白いヒラヒラシャツが着てた。近く
着いたらブラジャが着てないと分かった。でも全然下品じゃなくって、モデルさんの
ような優雅だった。 パリの住民は優しい人も多いで、地図を見ている迷ってたの
あたしたちに来て、よく助けてくれた。それは東京にはありえないだろう。

フランスのいいところの一つはオープンテラスのカフェで、コーヒー
を飲んで、クワッサンを食べること! フランスパンとお菓子が
大好き! マカロンが美味しいところはLaduree. 沢山の種類と色
のマカロンがあって、外がさくさくして、中はしっとりしてて
美味しい!


ルーヴレは超デカイ。一日かかって見切れなかった。モナ・リサは
小さいと聞いたが、本当にちっちゃい!でも美術教本で勉強した名作
が生で見えるなんて、幸せ! ルーヴレの中にあるナポレオンの
アパートもすごくよかった。


フランスの建築はさすがに素晴らしい。昔パワーが持ってる人のせいで主に教会
と城だった。最初に行った教会はノートレダム。 歴史の本で勉強したよりも素晴ら
しいだった。 一週間の中に、セイント・サルスピス、パンテォン、オーペラ・ガーニエ、
サクレクール、インヴァリデとヴェルサイユにも行ってきた。


パリにカタコンペがあった-イタリアのカタコンペとまったく違うらしい。
シルバンはイタリアのカタコンペに行ったことあるから、多分骨二つ三つ
が見えるから、驚かないでと言われた。パリにカタコンペに入ったら、
骨以外何もなかった!!8階の地下に降りて20分歩くぐらいの骨が
あった!この人生はそんなに沢山の骨は見たことない!奥くまで行くと
地下水が天井から落ちたりしてたぁ~ キャ~


シルバンはセイン川を回るディナー・クルーズを予約してた、それは
とてもロマンチックだった。二人でワイン2本とシャンパンを飲んで、
フランス人の真似でスネールとフォーグラを食べてた。シルバンの
従妹はフランスに引越しして、彼女の家に遊びに行ってた。超うまい
料理が用意してくれた! フランスチーズが美味しくて、赤ワインと
ばかり食べてた。 一週間で2キロ太った! 彼女はホームメードの
ティラミスを作ってた。超美味しくって二つも食べた!!


パリに行くなら絶対ムーラン・ルージュを観ていて!ムーラン・ルージュはフレンチ・
キャンキャンのキャバレーショー。 インターネットで予約したのおかげかも、席が
ステージから一番近いのローだった! キャンキャンしてる女の人がもうちょっとあたしの
顔をキックした! もちろん近くて長い足の下から見えるのが良かった。 そのショーは
本当にすごかった! 蛇と馬がステージに出てくる!


観光なところがキレイかもしれないけど、パリはきれいな街だととても
言えない。トイレが本当に少なくって困ってた。チップトイレがちょっと
見つけたけど、それ以外に本当になにもない。シャンゼリーゼの5F
バージンメガストアに、トイレを探してた。5Fに一番後ろに隠れてた
小さいドアに入るため、お金が必要だった。入ったら汚くって、トイレ
の水が流れることも出来なかった! マックナルドのトイレに入るため
パスワードが必要だった。それなのに、めっちゃ汚い。たまにセーヌ川
にトイレをする人が見かける。木の下はいつもウンチがあるから、気を
付けて。


一週間は本当に丁度良かった。最後はもう本当に東京に戻りたくって。
フランスは住むじゃなくって、たまに遊びに行く国がいいと思ってた。
美術と建築を勉強するためはいいかもしれないけど、本当に高い。
フランスのことを思い出すため、東京のレノートレに行ったり、西武で
カマンベール・チーズを買ったりする。


写真は大量撮った!是
Flickr に行って非観てください!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

Hi Claire! Sorry for the late reply. I was so busy last week!
Yeah, I was surprised on how some places can be nasty in Paris. And I thought America was dirty ^^;
You should update your blog sometimes! Hope everything is going well, school, work, etc!

9:46 AM  
Blogger misterdna said...

Ah... Paris in the Springtime. It sounds so amazing, glad you had such a great time!

Seems like people either love it or hate it - but I have always wanted to go.

Also... it sounds very romantic. I don't suppose you picked up any extra 'jewelry' while you were there...? ^_- And if not - why NOT! Sacre Bleu! What are you two waiting for?!? LOL!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Teehee! I'll have the answer to that question in my next post.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home