東京悪女パラダイスPART2

art, games, whatever

Sunday, January 07, 2007

I finally saw The Godfather

I've developed an interest in watching older movies lately. Perhaps its what people do, when they start getting to their 30's. I grew up on Goonies, Indiana Jones and Back to the Future, but somehow never really got around to watching any movies that were filmed before the 70's. Watching older movies feels kinda like time travelling. Everything looks familiar, but there's something different. The cars are different, people dress different, they way they talk, etc.
Recently I watched Casablanca, A Roman Holiday, and the Godfather for the first time. Perhaps I would think those films boring when I was younger, but they are definitely very entertaining now. One of those movies that people always tells me "What?? You havn't seen ---??" I just can't believe I waited this long to see the Godfather! It's such an awesome movie. I can't believe just how cool Al Pacino is! If for some reason like me, you still havn't seen the Godfather, go rent it now! you won't regret it. Now I just can't wait to see Godfather part II and III!

古い映画を観る習慣を始まった。30歳近くなったおかげのかな。小さいごろはグーニーズ、インディアナ・ジョンズ、とバック・トゥー・ザ・ フューチャーを観て大きくなったけど、70年代の前の映画はまったく観てなかった。古い映画を観るのはちょっと時間旅行みたい。なんとなく見たことあるけ ど、なんとなく違うような。車が違うし、ファッションが違う、話し方も違うね。
最近はカサブランカ、ローマの休日、とゴッドファーザーを生まれ始めて観た。昔はそういう映画をつまらないと思うかもしれないが、今は超最高に面白くてた まらない。よく「なに~まだ----を観たことないの~??」と言われるのはゴッドファーザー。なんで今まで待ってたんだろう~~!すっげー最高な映画 だ。アル・パチノは最高にカッコいい!!もしなにか原因があって、まだゴッドファーザー観たことないだったら、早くレンタルして!後悔しないはずだ!今は ゴッドファーザーII と IIIを早く観たい!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

うおー
ベッドに馬の首入れようぜーー!
ヒャッホウ。

8:34 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

ホース・ヘッド、ホース・ヘッド、eat them up, YUM!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 more great Pacino mobster/gangster flicks:
Scarface
Carlito's Way

12:41 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Thanx Ethan! I've heard about Scarface, but havn't heard about Carlito's Way. I'll check them out!!

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Disco song in Carlito's way called "Rock the Boat" listen for it.

Actually, one of my fave gangster flicks is "Once Upon a Time in America" it has DeNiro and a bunch of other folks you will recognize. Get the unedited version, it's like 4 hours long, but really well done. The cool thing is the entire movie takes place in the neighborhood I work in (a neighborhood in Brooklyn now called DUMBO). Watch it and you will see where I walk to lunch, etc.

7:07 PM  
Blogger misterdna said...

I'm wondering if you have ever seen "A Clockwork Orange". . .

8:17 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Looks like there are still a bunch of must watches that I havn't seen!
I've heard so much about Clockwork Orange.. U got it.. I havn't seen it yet. Must... go... Tsutaya!!<--local video store

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home