Chrissy Jean's Handbag Debut!
So I've been going to Vantan Career School to learn the art of handbag making for about a month now. After jamming the industrial sewing machine and breaking a big fat sewing needle, I'm finally starting to get a hang of it. (It was actually a good thing that I jammed the machine because they held a sewing study session for everyone to benefit from because of me!)
バンタンキャリアスクールにバッグ勉強始まった一ヶ月。ミシンを壊れてしまって、針を折ってしまった後、やっと慣れてきた。(ミシンを壊れてのが結局良かったよ。だって皆のためミシンの勉強会をやってくれたもん)
Our first project is to make a Tote bag. Everyone in class make the same shape of for this bag, I added this strange looking trim to be somehow different from others. It's nice and big and useful so I'm using it for school supplies and yoga as well.最初のプロジェクトはトート。最初だから皆一緒の物を作った。その変な茶色のトリムは他の人と違うになるため加わった。 結構大きくて使いやすい。教材に使うしヨガにもよく使う。
The 2nd project is a pouch. It might appear measly unexciting but this little f*cker's zipper broke a neeldle that almost poked my eye out. Sewing the round edges together with the front was such a big pain in the ass that I almost swore not to design anything round again. It can hold a bento box nicely, although I've never seen a bento bag that looks like this.2個目はポーチ。見た目はつまらないだが、こいつのファスナーが針を折ってクリッシーの目に当たらなかったので良かったよ。丸い形を縫うのが超面倒くさい、二度と丸いデザインをしないと誓った。お弁当はよゆうで入れるけど、こんな弁当袋を見たことない。
I designed this bag and made it to the last stitch! This is my first baby!! I call it Green Tea Tiramisu. It's made of canvas and got leather handles. I made some nasty holes on the left handle there by mistake but you'll never see it because I hid it with a scarf that I borrowed from one of my coworker months ago. He'll never get it back now!このバッグはデザインから最後のステッチまでクリッシー作!これはまさにマイ・ベイビー!!マッチャ・ティラミスと名付けた。素材はキャ ンバスと革の手 紐。右の手紐に醜い穴を作ってしまったが、ハンカチで隠れてるから、全然見えないよね! そのハンカチはなんか月前同僚から借りたんだけど、もう全然彼に 戻す気持ちがないっす。
Here's my 2 cents comparing the fashion industry with the game industry: In fashion you have major brand names that make nice products, such as Dior, Prada or Louis Vuitton, but there are many smaller, cheaper brands that are just as successful and making good business. People wear different clothes that show their personalities and strive to be different from one another. Besides, not everyone can afford a Louis Vuitton bag so they will look for alternatives. In the game industry, if you're not one of the bigger companies making major titles, chances of surviving are slim. Not saying it's impossible, it's just harder. When you go to buy a game, games like Zelda or Final Fantasy are no more expensive than games such as, let's say, Fusion Frenzy. Consumers will obviously buy the famous titles over no-namers.
But the biggest difference that I gathered from going to school thus far between the game and the fashion industry. Fashion industry is 90% women and Game 90% men. (this number figure is calculated from personal experience) If you're upset about not having enough women around you, go sign up for a class to learn fashion!
個 人的の考えだが、ファッション業界とゲーム業界は結構違うものだ。ファッション業界には幾つか大きいブランドネームがある。たとえばDior、プラダや ルイ・ヴィトンとか。でももっと小さい、安いブランドもたくさんある、結構いい商売も出来ている。 人は違う服を買って、他の人と間違えされないために自 分の個性を出すのだ。それに、みんなはルイ・ヴィトンを買えるわけはない。 ゲーム業界には、本当にメジャーなソフトを出すの大きい会社じゃないと、生き 残すチャンスは狭いのだ。無理じゃないけど、比べると極端に難しい。 店にゲーム買いに行ったら、ゼルダやファイナル・ファンタジーみたいな大きいタイト ルは 聞いたこともないゲームとほとんど一緒の値段だ。そしたら勿論有名なゲームの方を買うでしょ。
ゲーム業界とファッション業界の一番大きい違いはこれに違いない:ファッション業界は90%女性、ゲーム業界は90%男!!(これは個人な情報から生まれた数字だ)。 もし周りに女性が足りないと悩んでるなら、今すぐファッションの学校に入るのだ!


7 Comments:
It's good study for me to read your deformalized english writings.
And sometimes it has significant teachings. I almost swore to change my job to the fashion industry. ASAP.
Wow Mucky! Your English is getting better and better. I'm glad my blog is helpful to somebody at least! Then I shall keep writing! ya!!
> ファッション業界は90%女性
入る業界間違えた・・・
(´・ω・`)
Nice! I especially like the Tiramisu one. Great job! I can see a new fashion brand "Chrissy Jean" coming few years from now :D
You know that I was also looking into the cosmetics industry during my job hunting? But you already know I ended up in finance, but that's ok...it pays well and there are still more ladies than in the gaming industry :)
imani: ファッション業界の10%の男性はゲー!?という気がするw
aya:アヤはファッション業界の先輩だね!この間のTシャツ、すごい褒められていたよ~^o^
aiku: Really!! thx man! I gotta think about my logo then!? Cosmetics industry sounds extremely lucrative. Even guys would pay alot to look good now!
I don't know what imani said, but I think it's close to what I was going to say: Time to start working on your brand identity!
I LOVE the "tiramisu green tea" bag. Wow, I really believe (as I did even before I saw your work) that you are going to do great things in the fashion accessory world.
I hope you're enjoying your new creative outlet - very proud of you!
Heeeey! sis!
how are ya!? haha
nice bags girl! I love the third on down! looks great! ^_^; im using one of dad's bags that he gave me now.hehe
Post a Comment
<< Home