An Inconvenient Truth

Yesterday afternoon, I took my family to go see "An Inconvenient Truth", a movie about global warming by Al Gore. It was a very hard task to drag my parents all the way to see the film but after begging very hard they finally gave in.
I didn't know much about Gore, but after the film I began to think: We could have had this man as President. He is a compassionate intellectual who genuinely cares for the people. I didn't know but he is the man who made the Internet what it is like today. The world would be a lot different, if he is the President now. But instead we got ourselves a war loving clown.
Just being in the US a few days, I have noticed how environmentally bad we are here. We drive everywhere we go, there are so many big trucks and SUV's on the streets, and the amount of garbage we produce is just unbelievable. Today we had lunch at this Japanese fast food restaurant called Sansai. The food was pretty good and price is cheap, but the amount of garbage is just ridiculous. For 1 order of salad dining in there is a plastic plate, a styrofoam bowl with lid for the rice, another for the miso soup, and big styrofoam cups for the drink plus disposable fork and chopsticks. Of course they don't recycle anything, probably because it would cost more so it's not worth it.
Living in Japan is a lot more environmentally friendly. Most people in Tokyo ride bikes, take public transit and recycle on a regular basis. The fast food chains make you separate your trash so that they can recycle. However, the Japanese like to put a lot of unnecessary wraps on their products because it looks pretty. I heard that it costs more to make the packaging than the food itself.
If you havn't seen An Inconvenient Truth, go see it now. Better late than never. Even if you don't like Al Gore, at least see it first then think for yourself. And here is the website on what you can do to help stop global warming.
昨日の午後、家族みんな呼んで「An Inconvenient Truth」というアル・ゴアが作られた地球温暖化に関しての映画観に行った。家族みんな集まって行くのは大変だったけど、ものすごいお願いしてて、やっとみんな観にいった。
ゴアのことそんなに知らないけど、映画の後に「この人はアメリカの大統領になる可能性があった」と思った。彼は頭良くて、本当に皆のことを思ってた。彼は 今のインターネットの発達を作った。彼が大統領なら、世界は今と違う世界になるはず。 だけど、戦争好き大バカがそのイスに座ってる。
アメリカに何日ぐらい経ってだけで、どのぐらい環境に悪いを感じた。どこにも運転で移動。道路で大量な大きいトラックとSUVがあるんだし、ゴミの量が本当に信じられない。 今日の昼はSansaiと いう日本料理のファーストフードレストランに行った。 料理は結構おいしい、しかも安いけど、ゴミの量がマジで酷い。サラダにプラスチックプレート、ご飯 と味噌汁に発泡スチロール一個つづ、飲み物に大きい発泡スチロールカップとプラスチックフォークとお箸。もちろん値段が安くするため、何もリサイクルしな い。
比べれば日本の暮らしは環境にいい。都内の人は電車や自転車を使って、リサイクルもしている。ファーストフードレストランはリサイクルするため、ゴミを別々している。でも、日本の食べ物はキレイに見えるため、たくさんのラッピングを使ってる。パッケージは食べ物より高いと聞いた。
もし日本に「An Inconvenient Truth」が出たら、ぜひ観に行って。地球温暖化を止める方法が書いてあるウェブサイトはここ(英語サイト)。


6 Comments:
Right now, at my Mom's house in San Diego and also in Canada(I heard), we put all RECYCLABLES (not separating cans from bottles, but still have to be recyclables) into 1 bin. I agree this is a better way of recycling than having to go through all the trouble of separating it beforehand.
Although, I highly doubt that these companies go through regular trash cans and separate recyclables from none. I could be wrong.
Actually, noncombustible wastes are more than garbages in my house.
And...
PET bottles are more than garbages in my house,too.(LOL)
Hi Mucky!
Are you trying to say that there are more PET bottles than garbage in your house? Time to recycle!
Today I went to Vitamin World. Vitamins in America are so cheap!
Yes! Sorry my poor English.
And... Vitamin World?
How enviable !
I love vitamin preparations rather than the favor.
As for U.S.-made-vitamin , it is not only expensive but also strong!
I recommend the multi vitamin with anti-oxide such as the α lipoic acids and CoQ10 and Grap seed extract and so on.
I made a mistake, too...
incorrect :expensive
correct :cheap
You sure know a lot about vitamins!
Post a Comment
<< Home