東京悪女パラダイスPART2

art, games, whatever

Monday, July 17, 2006

Deathnote


Last weekend I went to see Deathnote (1st part) the movie. That was surprisingly good, since I don't usually expect Japanese movies to be all that. Deathnote is about a college law student, Yagami Raito, who picked up a Deathnote which when he writes somebody's name in the notebook with their face in mind, that person will die. Sounds pretty unrealistic but they actually wrote a pretty interesting story out of it. The mind battles between the main character (who may very well be the antagonist) and the protagonist "L" are just awesome. Besides, it's pretty cool to have a Japanese movie choosing the Red Hot Chili Peppers for their theme song.
After seeing the movie, I set out to get the Deathnote comic books. I have already bought the first 2 books a while back, just needed to get the next 10. That was a hard task because since the movie got out, all the major bookstores were sold out of book 6 and 7. I guess everyone couldn't wait until the 2nd part of the movie to come out in November. After being unsuccesful at 4 bookstores, I was finally able to find all of them at a really small bookstore in Mejiro. Art wise, Takeshi Obata is frickin' awesome. You might know him through the Hikaru no Go series, but I think his artstyle really shines in Deathnote. The most amazing thing is how he portrays the character's talent at acting through the facial expressions in his comic. It's a brilliant collaboration between the artist and the writer. I'm at the 11th book now, just a little more to go!

先週はデスノート観 に行った。面白くて びっくりした。最近日本の映画はそんなに面白くないから。 デスノートは夜神月という大学生がデスノートを拾って、そのノートに人の名前を書くと人が死ぬ という物語だ。真実的じゃないけど、ストーリーはうまく出来てた。 主人公(悪い人)とL(正義な人)というマインドバトルが本当に面白い。映画のテーマ ソングがレッド・ホット・チリ・ペッパーズということも珍しいね。
映画観た後に、デスノートマンガ探 しに行っ てた。それはかなりムズかった。映画が出た後、どこの本屋でも6と7巻が売り切れだった。 皆が11月映画の後半が出るまで待ちきれないみたい。 4つの 本屋に行っても見つけれなくって、やっと目白の小さい本屋に全部見つけた。 しかし小畑健の絵は本当にうまいなぁ~。ひかるの碁も彼だったけど、デスノートのスタイルは彼にふさわしいと思う。 一番すごいのは、絵でキャラの演技のうまさを表現すること、それを読むと気持ちよくてたまらない。 作者とマンガのコラボが素晴らしい。 今は11巻だから、もうちょっと!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home