東京悪女パラダイスPART2

art, games, whatever

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Career change/Going to Tokyo

Since Leon's arrival I've been thinking about a career change to become a teacher, since it would be hard for Leon if we both have crazy schedules working in the game industry. I had spent the month of October getting my English teaching degree at the ILSC Montreal CELTA program. It was an extremely busy month going to school full time, plus teaching practice and Leon as well. After a month of hard work, I'd successfully passed the course and made some new friends as well.
One week after I passed the course, I got my first job teaching a group of 15 students at a non-profit organization for a training program for people who want to work as testers in the game industry. I must say I'm extremely lucky and grateful for being able to find a job so quickly. It's a lot of fun teaching such a motivated and outspoken group of students. Then last week I started another job at a public school, which is a very challenging position so far. I went from no jobs to working two jobs in two months.
I'll be in Tokyo from Dec. 16 to 22nd, for my best friend's wedding. I hadn't been back to Tokyo for almost four years. I'm really excited to see my friends, eat good food and go shopping.. etc!!

レオンが来てからキャリア変わるのことを考えました。二人ともゲーム会社に仕事したらレオンにとっては大変だと思った。 十月の一ヶ月にILSCモントリオールに英語先生になるCELTA CERTIFICATEをとることにした。学校とレオン両方あってとっても忙しい一ヶ月だった。学校が終わって、CELTAを取って、たくさんの友達も作りました。
一週間後、初めの仕事を見つけた。ゲーム会社に入りたいテスターたちに英語を教える仕事だった。こんなに早く仕事見つけれてとてもラッキーだった、しかもすごいモチベーション高いと楽しい学生たちだった。その後、公立学校にもう一つの仕事を見つかった。英語がほとんど0な学生たちだった。。その仕事はなぜかものすごい難しい。仕事が二ヶ月に0から2つの仕事もしてることになった。
12月16から22日までに東京に居ます。親友の結婚式に行きます!4年ぶりの日本だから友達会うと、ラーメン食べるとショッピングすることを楽しみしてます!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home