あけましてオメデトウ!I miss Ramen!
田舎にいいクリスマスと新年過ごしました!家族パーティばかりして、たくさんのプレゼントもらって、フランス語ばかり聞いてすっげー飽きた! みんなでWiiをすごくやって楽しかったぜ。 家族はみんなベイビーのこと興奮してますね。シルバンの両親はクリッシーのことプリンセス扱いして、たぶん一番目の孫のママになるからね。 みんなさん、あけましておめでとうございます!最近の写真です。ホリデーの後にモントリオールに戻りました。モントリオールに引越しして一軒のラーメン屋さんも見つけれなかった。最近、やっとラーメンが売ってる日本料理屋をみつけて、今日わくわく試しに行きました。
そのレストランはWakamonoという、かなりスタイリッシュでいい雰囲気していた。だけど座ったとたん、気づいたのは、お箸のラッパーに書いたの「いらつしやいませ」でしたw もしかしてそれが本場の味ではないヒントでもある。それをおいといでギョウザ、カリフォルニア・ロールとラーメンを頼んだ。
カリフォルニア・ロールは確実に美味しかったよ。ほとんどみんなはそこにお寿司食べに行くなので。だけどギョウザはまあまあで、ラーメンは恐ろしいほどひどかった。メニューにあった二つのラーメンに、麺がそばやラーメンやうどんが選べることが絶対おかしい。どうやってスープがこの3種類の麺にあわせるなんだろう。考えとおりスープはまずかった。水に醤油に入れるだけみたいな味でした。肉はチャシュー、エビと鶏肉3週類を全部ラーメンに・・マジでわけ分からない!人生に今まで食べた一番まずくて一番高い($12)ラーメンだったぜ。
東京に住んでたから味覚がワガママになってしまった。こっちで美味しいラーメン食べたいなら自分で作るしかない!(難しそうけど・・) おかげで最近料理がちょっと上手になった気がするよ!インターネットがあるからどんなレシピも見つけれるぜ!
We had a pretty good Christmas and New Years at Sherbrooke. Lots of family parties, received lots of presents and listened to way too much French these days! We also played lots of Wii everyday, which was fun. Everyone's really excited about the upcoming baby. My parents in law are pretty much treating me like a princess, given the fact that I'm gonna be the mother of their first grandchild. Hope everyone has had a happy new year! Recent photos are here.
Back to Montreal after the holidays. Ever since we moved to Montreal, we havn't been able to find a single place that sells Japanese ramen. We finally found one Japanese restaurant that claims that they have ramen and today we went there quite excitedly to try it.
The restaurant, called Wakamono, was very stylish with nice atmospheres. However as soon as we sat down, the welcome that we got was "Iratsushaimase", which was written on the chopsticks wrap. That was the first hint that the restaurant was perhaps not too authentic. Well we try to forget that and ordered gyoza, California rolls and ramens.
The California roll was actually really good, in fact I think most people go there to get sushi. However the gyoza was so-so, and the ramen was terrible. For their only two ramens on the menu, it was weird that we could choose between soba, ramen or udon to go in the bowl. I mean how can you have a soup that fits all these types of noodles. Well as I thought, the soup totally sucked, it just tasted like water with soy sauce in it. In a single bowl of ramen there was chashu pork, shrimp AND chicken. It is in fact the worst and most expensive ($12) ramen I have ever had in my life.
I think my taste buds had been spoiled since I lived in Tokyo. If I wanted to eat good ramen here I guess I'm just gonna have to try to make it myself! (looks difficult..) On the upside, my cooking skill has gotten better and better ever since we moved here. Luckily there's websites to find all kinds of recipes nowadays!


7 Comments:
写真を見るとカナダってなんとなく新潟っぽいから新潟のこのラーメンなんかどうだ!
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/breitling24/e/872b6501a2d788e59e023f1ec1766fb2
スープはチキンとローストしたフライングフィシュのブレンドだ
WAKAMONO…若者かwww
スタイリッシュすぎる名前だぜ!
水に醤油を入れただけな店
大鳥居にもあったぜ、その名も
ラーメン8!!!
てことで、今年もよろしくー
アメリカのラーメンもあまりおいしくない
ていうか、日本のラーメンっておいしいよね~
あけましておめでと〜
今年もよろしくね!
夏モントリオール行くからおいしいラーメン作ってあげるよ!
ああ、ベイビー楽しみ〜☆
:)あや
おぐらさん:確かに新潟は雪のイメージですね。それとお米! フライングフィッシュは秘密兵器ですか。一回食べてみたいです!
ヤキナスさん:
>スタイリッシュすぎる名前だぜ!
冗談ですかーーw 確かに店はスタイリッシュだったけど。ラーメン8はラーメン一丁¥1200かからないとは思うけどw
ケロケロさん:カナダですけどw 日本に居るだけでどれぐらい幸せなのがみんなさん羨ましい~!
あや:あけましておめでとう!! おお!あやの料理はカップケーキ以外確か食べたことない、楽しみだ^o^/
Hey sis, just droppin by and reading your journal.
With best tasting food comes from the freshest foods and are cooked right at home. <33 There was some Japanese restaurants that we tried here. Some which didn't taste that well either lol. ^_^; Mom and I made Ox Tail noodle soup! It was delicious! ^_^ Mom got the Ox Tail from a Korean market. ^_^ anyway. tootles!
Ox tail soup! That sounds awesome!
Cooking at home kinda sucks because we don't have a dishwasher. I can't wait until we move to the new house!
Post a Comment
<< Home