東京悪女パラダイスPART2

art, games, whatever

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Goldorak


Sylvain used to watch this anime religiously as a kid in Quebec called "Goldorak". (In Japan the name of the anime is UFO Grandizer) I have never heard of this anime before, I don't know how old this anime even is. When I was growing up I watched Dragonball and Saint Seiya. I'm guessing "Goldorak" might be from the 70's, and was a huge hit in France, Italy and Quebec. Funny thing is when I lived in Japan I never got the impression that Goldorak was a big hero among the Japanese.

So why wasn't Goldorak big in Japan? Apparently they took the main character from the hit anime "Mazinger", Alcor (Kouji Kabuto), and tried to incorporate him into the show. However, they made him into a useless sidekick who doesn't even have a robot. It's like if they made a new show where Superman lost all his powers and became Batman's sidekick Robin. That will surely piss off the crowd! Since Mazinger never got translated to French, i guess that never bothered anyone here.

Since I never saw Mazinger, it didn't bother me either. It's always funny when Acturus do a useless turn in the shaft, and another useless turn to undo the first turn!

シルバンが小さい頃"Goldorak"(UFOグランダイザー)を宗教的観ていた。あたし、このアニメは全然聞いたこともなくて、いつごろのアニメなども知らない。あたしはドラゴンボールとセイントセイヤを観て大きくなったわけだった。UFOグランダイザーはたぶん70年代のアニメで、フランス、イタリアとケベックにものすごく人気だったらしい。なぜか日本に住んでた時でもUFOグランダイザーが日本人に人気という印象もなかった。

なぜUFOグランダイザーは日本に人気なかったのか? 原因は、マジンガーZのメインキャラ、兜甲児を無理やりグランダイザーに入れた。しかもロボットもなしなにも出来ないサイドキャラになってしまった。もし新しい番組作ってスーパーマンが全部のパワーをなくしバットマンのサイドキックロビンになる。これは絶対聴衆たちをムカツクしちゃう! だけど、マジンガーZはフランス語に通訳されてなかったので、こっちのみんなは誰もかまわなかった。

あたしもマジンガー観たことなかったので、気にしてなかった。宇門大介がグランダイザーに2回無駄ターンをするのを観るのが最高だぜ!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

懐かしいな~
子供の頃これのアクションフィギュア持ってたぜ。人気無いのはこれが永井豪のロボットアニメの末期作品で、みんないいかげん飽きてたからだろうね。

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

古すぎるんじゃ!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

おぐらさん:フィギュア持ってるなんてさすがです! 日本人にはロボアニメたくさんあるからグランダイザーが比べるとマイナーな作品ということですか!外人にとって吉野家が美味しいけれど日本人にとってマイナーですね!
h-games:「じゃ」を言うh-gamesさんも古いんじゃ!

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

グランダイザーって何かと思ったら
グレンダイザーのことかぁ!
この作品を日本人で好きだって言う人
見たことないなぁ
外国でなんで人気でたか不思議すぎる!!

8:49 AM  
Blogger mucky said...

マジンガーZやグレートマジンガーとの違いは、女性型ロボットの「オッパイミサイル」がないことかなあ。これが致命的だったか。

10:11 AM  
Blogger misterdna said...

I used to have a die-cast metal Grandizer ship when I was a little kid (the guy even shot out the front), even though we never had the show in the states.

Don't know how I got it then, but I loved that thing!

3:47 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

ヤキナスさん:あ!すいません、間違えた(-o-); グレンダイザーです。もしかして外人子供はUFO好きかもしれない。アラビアにもすごい人気だったらしい。
mucky: オッパイミサイル!!なんという発想、日本のロボは!!マジンガーも観なきゃ。
misterDNA: I read that they ran the show for a little bit in the States, but the voice acting was bad so it never got popular. To me, the guy kind of resemble a turtle...I like turtles!

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm91703

このビデオの22分ぐらいでオッパイミサイルが見られる。マジンガーとグレンダイザーとゲッターロボの3大ヒーロー大集合映画だ!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

オモシロイです、これ!リンクありがとう!
なんであんなヤツがボスなんだろう?www
オッパイミサイルは撃っても新しいオッパイが出てくるのか!!スゲーw
ほかのビデオも色々観た。古いアニメのOP最高だね!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

しかし、なんでレディーロボは空に飛べないんだろう。悲しいなぁ!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>オッパイミサイルは撃っても新しいオッパイが出てくるのか!!スゲーw

構造が謎だよな~
どういうメカニズムなんだろうw

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home