We bought a house, and..
When EA Japan studio got closed down and we decided to move out of Japan, there was 2 choices of where to move to, back to San Francisco or Montreal, where EA has a studio that's making Army of Two. Since it was Sylvain's dream to eventually buy a house, it didn't make much sense to move back to Cali, as house prices there are just insane, it's doubtful that we would ever own a house there.
So then since the beginning of October we've been searching frantically to buy a house in Montreal. We were thinking to stay on the island of Montreal and did a lot of searching here, but houses on the island tend to be older and smaller. It turned out that our dream house with everything that we were looking for was in a suburb area called Brossard. It's even by a bus terminal that reaches Montreal in 25 minutes. Of course it's cooler to live in the city, but seriously after living in Tokyo for 4 years, every other city out there seems like a suburb anyway.
Thinking ahead, I'm hoping that there will be added benefits in suburbia living, since I'm now pregnant!! The house will be ready (hopefully) in April, 2 months before the expected delivery date for the baby.
I'm still amazed how much my life has changed in the past 6 months. I'm still trying to get used to all these dramatic changes! Everyday I miss my friends in Japan so much, although I'm trying hard not to depend on them and adapt to my life here from here on.
Check out the website for our future house!
EAジャパンのスタジオが閉まって、日本から出ると決まった時、行く場所の選択が二つがあった:サンフランシスコやモントリオール(EAはこっちで Army of Twoを作っています)。シルバンの夢はいつか家を買うことだから、カリフォルニアの家の値段が高くって、帰っても一生家買えないじゃないかな。
十月からモントリオールにマイホーム探しを始まった。モントリオール島に住みたいと思っててこっちにたくさん探したけど、結構古くて狭い(東京よりは広い けどw)。ドリームハウスは結局Brossardという郊外にあった。バスから25分でモントリオールに行ける。もちろん都市に住んだほうが良かったが、 正直4年東京に住んだ後、どんな都市でも郊外に見える。
郊外に住んでもいいかもしれない、今クリッシーは妊娠しています!! 家は来年4月に建て終わってる(はず)、赤ちゃんが来る2ヶ月前ぐらいね。
まだこの半年でどのぐらい生活が変わったのことショック受けています。いろいろ変わって慣れてきてないね。毎日日本の友達を思ってるけど、そっちの友達の頼りにならないで、こっちの生活を慣れるように頑張ってます。
こっちで新しい家のウェブサイトが見えます!


17 Comments:
The house is really beautiful! That is so great - congrats!
The bathroom is so nice, and...
...wait, did you just say you're PREGNANT?!?
Wow, awesome!!! Congrats on the house and especially on the future Monster Hunter partner! :D :D :D
Congratulations!!
Babyが授かったんだね、おめでとう!
家買うなんてシルヴァンやるね~。
Heey congrats on your new home and upcoming baby! :D
I also moved to a new apartment recently and it's nice to start fresh! No baby though, haha.
なんと…ガキまでできたのか。
やるじゃない。。おめ。
Ike-bukuroにも家を買え。
おれもトーキョーに住もうかなあ~!
おめでとうございます!
妊娠生活も出産も、赤ちゃんのお世話も大変だけど、それ以上に赤ちゃんはとてもかわいいくて素敵です(^^*)
私は、10月5日に男の子を出産しました。
難産だったので今後出産はしたくないですが、でも子どもはもう一人欲しいです(笑)
できれば女の子・・・;
クリッシーさんも頑張ってくださいね!
胎動楽しみですね。
Da jie!! Congrats!!!!!!!!
mrdna: Thanks!! I can't wait to move in!! and YES I'm PREGNANT!! and I've been playing Hellgate while pregnant, too. I looked for you but seems we're not online at the same times. I'm Muteao btw!
johntv: OMG you're scaring me!! It seems inevitable that we're gonna have a little geek running around the house! Thanks anyway! ;D
tomomi: ありがとう、Tomomiさん!来年カナダに遊びに来たら是非うちにホテルとして使ってください!!
aiku: Thanks Aike! I'm really looking forward to moving soon. Congrats on your new apartment too! If you want to play with a baby you can come visit us next year!
h-games:ガキなんていうな!www可愛い女の子ならいいね。 Ikebukuroラブ!!池袋にある沖縄料理がものすごく食べたい。それから品川どんぶりも食いてーーーー
ささささん:ありがとうございます!!10月5日に生まれたんですか!おめでとう!!難産なんて大変そうです、本当にご苦労さまでした。二人目は絶対一人目より楽と言われるんですから、もしかして次回は女の子かもしれないですね! あたしも女の子がほしいですけど、しょっぱい食べ物がいつも食べたいのでたぶん男の子じゃないと言われたんですw 胎動は・・まだ想像できないですねぇwww
Andy: Shao dih-------- Thanks! You're gonna be an uncle! lol!
おぉぉ、ついに重大発表!!!!!
やったじゃねーか、クリボーー!!!!!
さささも何気におめでとーーー!!!!!
めでてぇーーーなぁーーーー!!!!!!
ワーイヽ(゚∀゚)メ(゚∀゚)メ(゚∀゚)ノワーイ
新居すごくステキ!
そして赤ちゃん!!!
本当におめでとう!!!
ささささんもおめでとうございます!
出産日記読んでドキドキしちゃいました。
私も赤ちゃんほしい~~~~
お~ オメデト!
BABYにはぜひ日本語教えてあげてください。
Shan-Shan says that you shouldn't play Hellgate while you're pregnant, because all that evil is bad for the baby. I told her that it only means that the baby will grow up to be a powerful demon-hunter.
I play Hellgate off-and-on quite a bit. I play on the "Shulgoth-US" server and my character's name is "Valis" (most of the time). Find me in MSN Messenger before you log in and let me know you are on and I'll join you.
It's fabulous!Congratulations!
本当に本当におめでとう!
お家と赤ちゃん!すごいねーーー!
まずは身体を冷やさないようにね。
そしてお腹の赤ちゃんに色んな国の言葉で
話しかけてあげてください。
はぎさんとカナダにいつ遊びに行こうかと
話をしていましたw
おめでと〜!!!!!
キャ〜!!!
うれしくて今部屋一周駆け回っちゃったよ!
あや
Pregnant!?!?! Awesome news! Congrats guys!
imani: ありがとーーーー!!!!!!
それから最近imani-ちゃんのことサボってゴメン。
って、ちゃんと彼女作ったかい?
ハギ: カナダ遊びにおいで!!
そして赤ちゃんを作りをがんばってください!
おぐらさん: ぜひBABYに日本語教えてあげたいです!
マンガから日本語を教えよう・・Babyオタクになるかも!?
英語も中国語もちゃんと教えたいね・・これはうまく行けるのかな?www
mrDNA: i think i can get away with playing until 16 weeks, that's when the baby start to develop hearing... I don't think demon screams are too pleasant for the baby.
かねまき:Thank you so much!!
カナダはだいぶ寒くなりました、体に気をつけます。
明日は初めての医者さんに行くよ!
たぶんまだ女の子や男の子のがわからないけどw
ぜひカナダに遊びに来てください!
来年の夏なら家に泊まれるしベイビーと遊べるね。
東京より面白くはないけど、大自然はいいです。
リラックスな旅になるよ!
あや:ありがと~~~w
どっか食べに行こうね!!
Glen: Yeah!! Thanks Glen!!!
We probably won't get lucky and have twins like you guys tho!
We're excited!!
PREGNANT!?!
Post a Comment
<< Home